BetterBe B.V. (hereafter: ‘BetterBe’) considers your privacy very important. BetterBe ensures that the personal data provided to it or otherwise obtained by it are treated confidentially. In this privacy and cookie statement you can read how we handle your personal data.
1. To whom does this Privacy and Cookie Statement apply?
This Privacy and Cookie Statement is addressed to all persons – also called data subjects – of whom BetterBe processes personal data as controller, with the exception of the staff of BetterBe. This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to websites or services of third parties that can be visited via (links on) our website or that collect your personal data via our website(s).
This privacy and cookie statement does not apply to the processing of your personal data that BetterBe carries out as a processor on behalf of its customers. BetterBe makes for such processing of personal data agreements with its customers in processor agreements. The customers of BetterBe – on behalf of whom BetterBe processes your personal data – have the responsibility to inform you about this.
This privacy and cookie statement is therefore applicable to the processing of personal data of BetterBe:
- (employees and other relations of) customers of BetterBe;
- (employees and other relations of) potential customers with whom BetterBe has made or wants to make contact;
- (employees and other relations of) suppliers of BetterBe;
- visitors of the BetterBe website(s);
- receivers of newsletters and commercial e-mails of BetterBe;
- all other persons who contact BetterBe or of whom BetterBe otherwise – as data controller – processes personal data;
This Privacy and Cookie Statement does not apply to our directors, employees, temporary employees, temporary employees, temporary employees, interns and applicants.
The data controller for the processing of your personal data is the entity BetterBe B.V.
Our data are:
Auke Vleerstraat 140 E
7547 AN Enschede
Tel. +31 (0) 53 4800 680
3. Purpose of processing personal data
BetterBe processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- The execution of an agreement with BetterBe in which you have instructed us to provide services;
- Complying with our legal and legal obligations. For example the processing of certain data to which we are obliged by tax law and regulations;
- Maintaining a correct administration;
- Invoicing of the services provided and the collection of invoices;
- Maintaining contact with the (employees of) the customer or third parties. For example, we keep your contact details in our customer system and they can be used to send newsletters, updates, invitations to events and to send us information that you have requested from us;
- Marketing and communication activities, such as improving our product and service information, performing targeted marketing actions and conducting and analyzing customer satisfaction surveys;
- To improve and secure our website;
- Creating user statistics. The user statistics of our website enable us to get a picture of the number of visitors, the duration of the visit, which parts of the website are viewed and the click-behaviour, among other things. These are generic reports, without information about individuals. We use the information obtained to improve our website, among other things;
- Other situations in which BetterBe has a legitimate interest in the processing of your personal data.
4. What personal data are processed?
BetterBe processes the following (types or categories of) personal data in the context of the execution of its services:
- (Contact) data and other personal data of (employees of) our client or of third parties, which are necessary to achieve the aforementioned purposes for which we process your personal data;
- (Contact) information that you have provided to us (initially) in any way whatsoever (for example verbally or as a business card);
- Contact details and other personal data entered in the (contact) form on our website(s). For example the form to request a demo of our services;
- Personal data obtained through or generated by our website(s), electronic newsletters, commercial e-mails or related technologies such as:
- IP number;
- Your surfing behaviour on the website, such as information about your first visit, previous visit and current visit, the pages viewed and the way in which the website is navigated;
- Whether you open a newsletter or commercial e-mail and on which parts of it you click.
- Personal data obtained from public sources, such as but not limited to:
- Personal data available on public (business) social media platforms such as LinkedIn;
- Personal data available on public (business) websites.
The aforementioned personal data are processed by BetterBe because they have been provided by you as a data subject on your own initiative, have been obtained within the framework of our services, have been made known to us by third parties, or because they have become known through public sources.
5. Basis for processing personal data
BetterBe processes the above mentioned personal data exclusively on the basis of one of the following principles as referred to in article 6 of the GDPR:
If you have given us permission, we may process your personal data. For example, we may send you newsletters if you are not yet a customer of ours. You have the right to revoke a previously given consent. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of personal data on the basis of your consent prior to its revocation.
Agreement to which you are a party
If you – as (employer of) data subject – give us an order to provide our services to you, we will process personal data if and to the extent that this is necessary for the execution of the order.
In some cases we are required by law to process your personal data.
We may also process personal data if we or a third party has a legitimate interest in doing so that in the given circumstances outweighs your privacy interests (taking into account the impact of the processing on them). Such processing may therefore not disproportionately affect your privacy.
6. Recipients of your personal data
BetterBe only provides your personal data to those within its organization who need to receive your personal data. In addition, BetterBe shares your personal data with third parties if this is necessary to achieve the purpose of the processing. BetterBe provides your personal data, as far as necessary, among others to the following categories of recipients:
- the hosting provider of our website(s);
- the third parties engaged by BetterBe that provide services in the field of marketing and website maintenance;
- third parties, such as a supervisor or another authority with public authority, as far as a legal obligation exists or a court order obliges it to do so.
The staff of BetterBe, as well as the third parties to whom your personal data are made available, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
With third parties who process your personal data on behalf of BetterBe, we have entered into a processing agreement whereby that third party is also obliged to comply with the GDPR and to act in accordance with the instructions of BetterBe. Third parties engaged by BetterBe, who offer services as independent controller are responsible for the (further) processing of your personal data themselves for compliance with the GDPR. This could include, for example, an accountant.
7. Security of personal data
BetterBe attaches great importance to the security and protection of your personal data and ensures, taking into account the state of the art, that appropriate technical and organizational measures are taken to guarantee a security level in line with the risk. In case BetterBe makes use of services of third parties, such as an IT supplier, BetterBe will lay down in a processing agreement agreements about the protection of your personal data.
8. Storage period of personal data
BetterBe does not store personal data that are processed for longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes of the data processing or is required on the basis of laws and regulations (with due observance of the retention periods resting on us).
9. Rights of data subjects
In principle, you have the right to access, the right of rectification or to erasure the personal data that we process about you. In addition, in principle you have the right to object to the processing of your data. In some cases you can also ask BetterBe to restrict the processing of your personal data or to transmit your data to yourself or to a third party. However, these rights are not unlimited. The applicable laws and regulations provide the framework within which we do or do not have to comply with such requests. A request for access, rectification, restriction, objection, portability of data, erasure of your personal data or withdrawal of previously given consent, can be sent via the contact details mentioned elsewhere in this Privacy and Cookie Statement. You will receive further information from us within four weeks of receiving your request.
In order to ensure that we provide the correct person with the relevant personal data on the basis of your request, we ask you to submit a copy of a valid passport, driver’s license or identity card with a protected passport photograph and BSN number for verification purposes. BetterBe will only handle requests that relate to your own personal data.
Circumstances may arise in which BetterBe can not or not fully execute your request as a data subject. This includes the protection of the privacy of third parties and legal retention periods.
10. Statistics and cookies
We use so-called ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small text file that is placed and stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone during your visit to the BetterBe website(s). Among other things, we place functional cookies on your device to increase the functionality and ease of use of our website(s).
The BetterBe website also uses analytical cookies from Google Analytics to track user behaviour and general trends and to obtain reports. This helps to improve the functioning of the website(s). Google can only provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so or if third parties process the information on behalf of Google. We have arranged through the settings of Google Analytics that the processing has as little effect as possible on your privacy. In addition, we have indicated that the data collected by the cookies may not be used for other Google services. In addition, the last three digits of the IP addresses will be deleted even before they are stored by Google Analytics, making it even more difficult to trace the data collected back to a particular person.
BetterBe always places functional and analytical cookies that have little effect on your privacy. Other cookies – such as tracking cookies – only place BetterBe if you have given your consent. Permission can be given by clicking on ‘Agree’ in the cookie report at your first visit to the website. However, this is not mandatory. Even if you do not give BetterBe permission to use such non-essential cookies, you can use the website. However, the website will then not work optimally.
On the website of the Dutch Consumer and Market Authority (https://www.consuwijzer.nl/telecom-post/internet/privacy/uitleg-cookies) you can read more about cookies and how you can block or delete them.
Do you disagree with the way in which we process your personal data? If so, you can submit a complaint to us using the contact details provided elsewhere in this Privacy and Cookie Statement. If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
12. Amendment to the Privacy and Cookie Statement
Because the laws and regulations or the circumstances under which we process your personal data can change BetterBe reserves the right to change the content of this Privacy and Cookie Statement at any time without prior notice. Changes to the Privacy and Cookie Statement will be published on our website. Therefore, please consult this Privacy and Cookie Statement on a regular basis. The last change was on 22-11-2019.